Friday, August 21, 2009

CSA Box - August 20


I've been seriously behind on posting my CSA boxes this month...as well as recipes. I have been working hard in the kitchen - preserving, freezing, canning, drying. Whew! It is a lot of work to try to preserve enough food to last through the winter, but I know it will be well worth it in the end. I do appreciate that there is this much work with modern conveniences - I can only imagine a century ago how gardening, food prep and preserving consumed so much of the year!

The week of August 20 we have a lot of goodies in our CSA box: cucumbers, several types of tomatoes and peppers, summer squash, onion, basil, sweet corn, beets, lettuce, and kohlrabi.


I also picked up some extras - cherry tomatotes, onions, beets, and dill. There has been a lot of pickling going on, so I have been going through a lot of dill and onion!

No comments: